Think you know everything there is to know about SEO? Well, think again. The landscape of SEO is constantly changing, and what worked last year might not work this year. That’s why it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices. And what better way to do that than with a handy checklist?
In this blog post, we’ll share an SEO checklist for landing pages in 2023. This checklist will help you ensure your landing pages are optimized for the latest algorithms and ranking factors. So, whether you’re just getting started with SEO or you’re a seasoned pro, this checklist is for you.
Why do you need a landing page?
Landing pages are standalone webpages that have a specific goal in mind: to turn visitors into leads or customers. This is usually accomplished by getting the visitor to fill out a form or take some other action. If you’re running any kind of online business, you need a landing page. Here are four reasons
1. A landing page allows you to control the user experience.
When someone clicks on an ad or link, they’re taken to your landing page where they can learn more about your offer without being distracted by your website’s navigation or other elements. This increases the chances that they’ll take the desired action.
2. A landing page helps you track results.
With a well-designed landing page, you can track how many people visit, how many take the desired action, and what percentage of visitors convert. This data is essential for understanding what’s working and what isn’t so you can improve your results over time.
3. A landing page makes it easy to test different offers and messages.
You can create multiple versions of your landing page with different offers or messages and then see which one performs better. This type of split testing is essential for finding the most effective way to reach your target audience.
4. A landing page can increase your conversion rate.
By having a dedicated landing page that’s been optimized for conversions, you can increase the number of visitors who take the desired action. This can lead to more leads and customers, which can have a major impact on your business.
If you’re not using landing pages, you’re missing out on a powerful marketing tool. If you are using them, make sure you’re taking full advantage of their potential by testing different offers and messages.
Make sure your landing page is helpful according to Google
Google has rolled out a new algorithm update that will prioritize helpful content in its search results. The update will take into account factors like how well a piece of content answers a searcher’s query, as well as how comprehensive and easy to understand it is.
Google says the goal is to help users find the “most relevant and useful” information for their needs.
The Google Helpful Content Update is a change to the way Google ranks content in its search results. The update favors content that is helpful to users and de-emphasizes content that is not as helpful. This will likely cause some changes in the ranking of websites and individual pieces of content such as landing pages.
So, how can you make sure that your content is up to Google’s standards and helps searchers?
To make sure your landing pages are compliant with the new helpful content update and optimized for SEO, follow these tips:
- Use keyword intent-rich titles and descriptions.
Make sure your page title includes intent rich keywords you’re targeting, and use that same keyword in the page’s meta description. This will help your page rank higher in search results for that keyword.
- Structure your content with headlines and subheadings.
Breaking up your content into smaller, easy-to- digest sections makes it more user-friendly—and Google loves user-friendly content! Use headlines and subheadings to structure your content, and include your target keywords in those headlines and subheadings whenever possible. Keep the paragraphs under 3 sentences and sentences under 20 words.
- Include images and videos.
Both images and videos can help make your content more engaging and visually appealing—and they can also help boost your SEO. Use relevant keywords in your image file names and alt text, and consider transcribing or captioning any videos you include on the page.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices.
More and more people are using mobile devices to access the internet, so it’s important to make sure your website is optimized for them. This means using a responsive design that automatically adjusts to fit any screen size, as well as making sure all of your content is easily viewable on a small screen.
- Build links to your landing page.
Including links to your landing page on your website and in your other marketing materials can help increase traffic to the page. Plus, if those links are coming from high-quality websites, it can also help boost your page’s ranking in search results.
- Optimize for Voice Search.
Nearly 27% worldwide searchers take place on phones via voice commands. It is important to design a landing page using local terms and phrases unique to your audience’s geography.
- Optimize for questions targeting long tail keywords.
Long-tail keywords are those that are more specific and detailed than shorter, general keywords. For example, instead of targeting the keyword “dog,” you might target the keyword “What kind of dog is best for a family?”
By targeting these more specific keywords, you’re more likely to show up in results
- Use Schema Markups.
Schema markups are a type of code that help search engines understand the content on your website. It is a type of code that helps search engines understand the relationships between pieces of information on your website. By adding structured data to your landing page, you can improve its chances of ranking.
- Use social proof.
Social proof is a powerful persuasion tactic that can be used on landing pages. Testimonials, customer reviews, and other forms of social.
- Include Trust symbols, such as security badges or money-back guarantees.
Make sure the potential customer feels at easy to proceed with the offer. Guaranteeing money back or a free trail can help convert them into leads.
- A form for people to fill out to get the offer.
Finally, keep the form short and precise. Ensure that we ask for minimal information from the customer. A lengthy form will discourage the potential customer which will result in a loss of lead.
How to create an effective landing page copy in 2023
The answer to this question will vary depending on what you’re trying to accomplish with your landing page. There’s no one-size-fits-all strategy. However, there are some key elements that all successful landing pages share.
Most importantly, your landing page should be designed with a single, specific goal in mind. What do you want visitors to your page to do? Make a purchase? Sign up for your email list? Download a white paper? Once you know what action you want visitors to take, you can design your page accordingly.
Here are a few tips –
1. Keep it focused: Landing pages should have a single, focused purpose. When writing a landing page, make sure that you’re clearly communicating what you’re trying to do and why.
2. Less is More: Keep it simple and use as few words as possible. Remember that readers have short attention spans, so make every word count.
3. Write like you speak: Try to write like you speak. Writing that sounds natural is more likely to resonate with your readers and sound convincing. Formal language can be off-putting, so remember to keep your tone casual and friendly.
4. Appeal to emotion: The best way to get someone to do something is to appeal to their emotions. If you can make them feel a certain emotion – whether it’s happiness, sadness, anger, or fear – they’ll be more likely to take the desired action.
5. Be persuasive: When it comes to being persuasive, you need to think about two things: logic and emotion. You want your audience to be convinced by both so that they take the actions that you hope for. You should make a compelling case with persuasive points and explicit instructions on what the next step is (the CTA).
6. Be unique: In a world where everyone is bombarded with marketing messages, it’s important to stand out from the crowd. So don’t be afraid to be creative and different – as long as your message is still clear.
A good landing page is one that is designed to convert visitors into leads or customers. It should be clear what the visitor should do on the page, and there should be a strong call-to-action (CTA). The page should also be relevant to the visitor’s needs and interests.